UN Sustainable development goals
Our planet is under enormous pressure, and climate change is something that we need to act upon. In 2015, the UN launched 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's) for all UN member countries and organisations to follow in order to reverse climate changes. We have chosen two of the goals that we believe matches the nature of our company and our values. The two goals are:
5: GENDER EQUALITY
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Target 5.5: Ensure full participation in leadership and decision making
- Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision making in political, economic and public life.
- Indicator: 5.5.2 women in managerial positions.
- We wish to work for more gender equality in the Danish business community and society as a whole. We have made a mentor program where we offer our advice to newly founded, ambitious female entrepreneurs to help them get a head-start in the business world, make smart choices and avoid the same mistakes we made, when we first started out.
12: RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Target 12.4: Responsible management of chemicals and waste
- By 2020, we want to achieve an environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their lifecycle in accordance with agreed international frameworks, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimise their adverse impacts on human health and the environment.
- Indicators 12.4.1: Number of parties to international multi-lateral environmental agreements on hazardous waste, and other chemicals that meet their commitments and obligations in transmitting information as required by each relevant agreement
- Target 12.6: Encourage companies to adopt sustainable practices and sustainability reporting.
- Ensure companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices and to integrate sustainability information into their reporting cycle.
- Indicator 12.6.1: Number of companies publishing sustainability reports
- We have made a concrete plan to use 70% sustainable materials in all our collections by 2025. Besides this, we are working determinedly towards reducing the amount of plastic and packaging in our supply chain and at the offices. All our garments need to comply with the chemical restrictions from AFIRM GROUP, which are best practice in the industry and much stricter than both Danish and EU legislation on the subject. In addition, this material is part of our strategy of being public and transparent about our work with sustainability.